Saturday, March 13, 2010,3/13/2010 07:07:00 PM
Irreverance
When I joined a newspaper I somehow expected my colleagues to be in this profession for a reason, not just because they can string words together and make things sound simple for the reader. And today, 11 months later, I realised I was wrong.

I think I just took my colleagues for granted. When the new Assembly building inauguration ended and Jana Gana Mana played on TV, I sprung up from my seat and was amazed at the callous manner in which all my colleagues continued to stare at their monitor. One photographer, one reporter and the consulting editor gave me company thankfully. But what is it that the rest of the representatives of this fourth estate were doing?

One reporter mockingly turned around and held a saluting pose. That's what you get for respecting the National Anthem. If an office full of journalists can't stand up for 2 minutes, what can we expect from the masses?
 
chronicled by Susmita
Permalink ยค